Anykščiai region welcomes visitors with its gorgeous scenery: lakeshore, green hills, and the most impressive streams of the Šventoji River. Nature attracts people to relax and regain health. Clean forests, indigenous mineral waters, and the favourable climate have been appreciated by many visitors for years now.
Today Anykščiai is a city that has a status of a resort area, with a strong development of tourism and many unique attractions:
- Here you can climb to the tower of the highest church in Lithuania;
- Here comes the stone, whose name is known by every Lithuanian;
- Poet A. Baranauskas created an ecosystem of nature – ‘Anykščių šilelis’ poem;
- A railway built in the XIX century still has the locally-loved narrow-gauge moving around;
- A path on tree tops invites for a walk.
WELCOME TO ANYKŠČIAI!